[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Oct 4 17:22:33 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 09:51:34AM -0700, Shannon Lee wrote:
> I had a thought yesterday while I was hanging around the site, and it was
> this:  that kitchen is a major investment of space for us.  If our group is
> primarily about doing projects, then that kitchen is very much overkill.
> What we really need is a microwave and a beer fridge, and maybe a carboy,
> upstairs in the chill space.
>
> Given that that's so... why don't we just declare the "kitchen" to be "the
> chem lab" and be done?  It seems like we have more use for a chem lab than a
> full kitchen anyhow.

That's an interesting idea.  I kinda like having a full kitchen, but
you're right, it is an investment that won't always pay out as much as
we'd like given our space limit.

Also, some have talked about food hacking (Marc iirc?).  And having a
real sink and dishwasher is pretty important to me.

I think we should try to reclaim as much space from the kitchen as
possible by rearranging things and see where we can get from there.  In
any case, a significant proposal like this should go on the agenda for
next week's Tuesday meeting.

-andy