[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 23:10:27 UTC 2008

It's also my experience that a kitchen creates community around and in it.  It's a great place to hang and relax and meet and shoot the shit with others.  Especially when good food (and/or matte) is involved.  While artist in residence at AS220 the kitchen was where I met everyone.  Our space at Noisebridge is somewhat unique in that the space is pretty small, and almost all of it is out in the open, including the kitchen, which isn't all that well of a defined space.  Still, I really like the idea of keeping a full working kitchen.  I forsee using it quite a bit.  That said, I think there is useful space that could be used for other purposes, too.  I'd like to see the other purposes be moveable/convertable, so the kitchen space can be reclaimed as needed for events or parties.

Mitch.

-------------------> From: jens.ohlig at gmail.com> To: paul at boehm.org> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] space status> Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 00:29:46 +0200> CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> > > Am 05.10.2008 um 00:26 schrieb Paul Böhm:> > > for us the kitchen was much more important than the chem lab (not in> > use for 2 1/2 years, despite being separate and functional) - it's a> > magnet of social activity. cooking and dining within the group really> > helped to build the social structure.> > I agree 100% with what Paul wrote about the Metalab in Vienna. The > same applies to our hackerspace in Cologne, Germany._______________________________________________> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss