[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:08:51 UTC 2008

Hi Noisebridge,
I just joined the list a couple days ago, so I wanted to introduce
myself.  I'm mark B.

I've visited various hackerspaces around the globe like C-Base and I
have been excited to be following the development of such a space in
SF.  So, I should thank all of you for the blood sweat and tears
you've already poured into the project; I think it's vitally needed.

Some of my interests include mobile software, radio/broadcast
engineering & media activism.  By day I mostly do web application
development and consulting for various clients--non-profit orgs and
startups.   I'm a free software developer/contributor and I've been
involved with various cooperative technology ventures locally like
CCCP (aka Community Colo) and Cernio Technology Cooperative.

In the future I hope to contribute some of my own efforts to
Noisebridge.  I'm particularly interested in seeing how Noisebridge
can integrate with and serve the community around it, e.g. working
with other community orgs on educational and mutual aid projects.  I'm
sure y'all have already talked about a ton of stuff I've only thought
about so, I won't dump all my "It would be cool if we" ideas right
here and now.. ;)

But I will follow up this email with a proposal about potential use of
the Noisebridge space to host an event, so you can applaud or flame
that on a separate thread.

Hopefully see you soon at a meeting or noisebridge work day,

--mark B.