[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 06:28:03 UTC 2008

Hey Mark,

Welcome to Noisebridge!  We met a few years ago when I supplied IndyMedia with a bunch of refurbished computers.  I'm glad to see you're still doing cool things.  :)

Mitch.

-------------------> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:08:51 -0700> From: mfburdett at gmail.com> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] introduction> > Hi Noisebridge,> I just joined the list a couple days ago, so I wanted to introduce> myself. I'm mark B.> > I've visited various hackerspaces around the globe like C-Base and I> have been excited to be following the development of such a space in> SF. So, I should thank all of you for the blood sweat and tears> you've already poured into the project; I think it's vitally needed.> > Some of my interests include mobile software, radio/broadcast> engineering & media activism. By day I mostly do web application> development and consulting for various clients--non-profit orgs and> startups. I'm a free software developer/contributor and I've been> involved with various cooperative technology ventures locally like> CCCP (aka Community Colo) and Cernio Technology Cooperative.> > In the future I hope to contribute some of my own efforts to> Noisebridge. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Noisebridge> can integrate with and serve the community around it, e.g. working> with other community orgs on educational and mutual aid projects. I'm> sure y'all have already talked about a ton of stuff I've only thought> about so, I won't dump all my "It would be cool if we" ideas right> here and now.. ;)> > But I will follow up this email with a proposal about potential use of> the Noisebridge space to host an event, so you can applaud or flame> that on a separate thread.> > Hopefully see you soon at a meeting or noisebridge work day,> > --mark B.> _______________________________________________> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss