[Noisebridge-discuss] noise @ noisebridge

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Oct 7 06:55:45 UTC 2008

Hi there.

Just wanted to point out that the (problem) lady across the street
told us to keep it down again today at 9:00 PM on the dot while we
were unloading the last load of metal shelving. She then closed her
window and glared down at us with menacing eyes for a few minutes
before retreating into her native Mission cave.

Recommend we figure out what our rights are with how the building is
zoned as far as noise goes outside the door just in case (before) we
do get paid a visit by the police.

On Oct 2, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Andy Isaacson wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:52:48PM -0700, davidfine wrote:
>> We were warned that this neighbor was a problem with the previous
>> tenant. And that they got in the habit of complaining no matter what
>> time of day. We should keep outdoor activity down at night because we
>> don't want to be jerks, but don't be surprised if there are more
>> complaints regardless. We were told the zoning is such that it's
>> legally
>> fine to make a certain amount of noise, someone can look into
>> details if
>> it comes up again.
>
> This matches my understanding of the situation.  David accurately
> characterizes what I heard from the landlord during our discussion,
> and
> I was present for the out-the-window complaint on Tuesday night.
> There
> were perhaps a dozen people standing on our sidewalk having boistrous
> conversations, and as a fellow mission dweller I know how annoying
> that
> can be outside one's bedroom window.
>
> Let's try to keep it down outside after 11 PM.  We don't have to be
> completely quiet; talking to another person outside is reasonable.
> OTOH 6 guys with beers standing outside are just naturally going to
> raise their voices and likely disturb the neighbors.
>
> -andy

Rubin Abdi
Rubin at Starset.net