[Noisebridge-discuss] noise @ noisebridge

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Oct 2 19:18:30 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:52:48PM -0700, davidfine wrote:
> We were warned that this neighbor was a problem with the previous
> tenant. And that they got in the habit of complaining no matter what
> time of day. We should keep outdoor activity down at night because we
> don't want to be jerks, but don't be surprised if there are more
> complaints regardless. We were told the zoning is such that it's legally
> fine to make a certain amount of noise, someone can look into details if
> it comes up again.

This matches my understanding of the situation.  David accurately
characterizes what I heard from the landlord during our discussion, and
I was present for the out-the-window complaint on Tuesday night.  There
were perhaps a dozen people standing on our sidewalk having boistrous
conversations, and as a fellow mission dweller I know how annoying that
can be outside one's bedroom window.

Let's try to keep it down outside after 11 PM.  We don't have to be
completely quiet; talking to another person outside is reasonable.
OTOH 6 guys with beers standing outside are just naturally going to
raise their voices and likely disturb the neighbors.

-andy