[Noisebridge-discuss] Free Culture Conference in Berkeley this weekend (plug)

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Tue Oct 7 18:04:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> (Note: I am helping to organize this, as I've been involved in Students
> for Free Culture before it had a name.)

Oh, actually - if anyone wants to let one of the ten out-of-town students
still looking for housing stay at their place, do let me know!  That would
be a huge help.

I'm generally vaguely looking for help setting up the video streaming
setup for the conference.  Currently I'm need of a laptop with firewire to
connect to the cameras we're being lent.  I'm also looking for help
providing wifi; I'm told that the room supports 75 people through
load-balanced Cisco switches.  Do you think this is just a made-up number,
or should I fear total network degradation when 300 people open up their
laptops?

What's a reasonable way to serve wifi to that many people?  A bunch of
different access points sharing a big 10.x.y.z network with the same
ESSID/security configuration?

Anyway, thanks for listening. (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
 		-- General Omar N. Bradley