[Noisebridge-discuss] General Meeting Notes 7 October 2008 --JimComments

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 9 01:31:31 UTC 2008

Hey Jim,

first off, thanks much for all the work you've been doing and continue
to do. As Mitch said, key waiting for you at the space.

> * wells fargo, at least for corporate business
> accounts, wants a minimum of $4000 in the account.
> if the balance falls below that, WF charges $16
> per month ($192 per year if account always falls
> short). there are other banks that have easier
> policies (WaMu, now a proud member of the Chase
> Banking family, provides free checking and debit
> for commercial accounts).

This is correct, thanks, but my understanding is that Wells Fargo also
offers a special account for non-profits. This account has a $100
minimum balance, and it waives fees if you do online-only statements.
Here's a page with more information:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/biz/products/accounts/checking/non_profit
(Select California as the state.)

By the way, thanks again also for your suggestion to look at CD ladders.
Again, the choice of banks is open to further discussion, and if we can
find one with a good CD ladder or other benefits that would be a reason
to switch. For right now, the nonprofit checking seems like a good
starter account.

-David Molnar