[Noisebridge-discuss] OMGWTFBBQ wifi networks and SSID names

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Oct 13 03:19:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 09:38:27AM -0700, Shannon Lee wrote:
> If there are more than one way to the interwebs -- DSL and cable -- can we
> dedicate one via the "noisebridge" SSID to being a plain vanilla always-on
> way out, and let the other one be the domain of the network hackers?

Hah, did you want "reliability" at a hack lab?

Currently the plan seems to be that we just try real hard to avoid
breaking things.

FWIW, I've restored a "noisebridge" SSID, no crypto, no "security".
It's currently running on the Linksys AP.  (I configured the Ruckus to
broadcast it as well, but it doesn't seem to be, confusingly.)

-andy