[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction

Jeff Keyzer jeff at mightyohm.com
Tue Oct 14 20:35:13 UTC 2008

I guess it's about time for me to do one of these...  I've been
lurking on the list for a long time.

I'm an electrical engineer living in SF.  Prior to June of this year,
I designed RF integrated circuits for cell phones and wifi/wimax
access points.  Eventually that stopped being fun, so now I'm looking
for work in embedded systems instead.

Aside from  RF (I used to play with ham radio too) I've worked with
electronics pretty much all of my life.  Recently I've started getting
into PICs, AVRs, embedded Linux, and a lot of other stuff.  I was born
with a soldering iron and I've done surface mount work with stuff like
01005's (smaller than a grain of salt).  I am into old cars and open
source fuel injection (Megasquirt).

These days I'm working on mastering Eagle and getting a surface mount
assembly station set up so I can do SMT work.  I'm also building a
Wifi radio out of an ASUS wireless router.

I listen to 8-bit/lo-fi music and I'm planning to go the Blip festival
in NYC again this year.

I have a blog where I talk about stuff.
http://mightyohm.com/blog

I'm hoping I can make it to the meeting tonight if things work out.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jeff Keyzer
jeff at mightyohm.com