[Noisebridge-discuss] maybe something else we don't want in the space

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:55:05 UTC 2008

I really like this idea.  The one thing that worries me about it is that people may equate us as a drop-off place for their old stuff, and start dropping it off at our doorstep throught the year.

Mitch.

-----------> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:17:43 -0700> From: rachel at xtreme.com> To: adi at hexapodia.org> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] maybe something else we don't want in the space> CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> > Regarding antiquated hardware in general, I'd like to see Noisebridge at > some point host a one-day "drop off your old crap" recycle-fest. I'm > sure everyone and their grandparents have some old hardware they don't > want any more and would like to get rid of responsibly.> > To be clear, I do NOT in any way propose we become a donation station > generally. A one-day, limited event, with some kind of parameters like:> > * we'd do the research up front to find out where to take the various > things (possibly just ACCRC)> * we rent a truck to take the things to wherever> * if it will cost us money to get rid of, we collect that from the > person dropping off the item> * we get to pick through it first ;)> > We're not ready to do this for a while yet so I'm not suggesting a time > or asking for volunteers, but this thread made me think of it so I'm > just putting the idea out.> > Rachel> _______________________________________________> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss