[Noisebridge-discuss] Evacuate the space by Friday night!

Greg Albrecht gregoryba at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 22:27:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:
> Every time we've talked about this as a group, we've talked about having the
> fishbowl off limits -- not only because it's a good place to lock up
> valuables, but because it's full of power tools that you don't want drunk
> strangers screwing with.  I don't think that adding 48 square feet of
> standing room is worth giving up those two wins.

i don't recall this ever being discussed, but if you think that we're
all safer as a species if rubin doesn't get blasted on hooch before
attempting to build some sort of fucking machine out of the drill
press, by all means, please, lets lock it. only problem is i don't
have a key :(.

here's a list of my concerns for the space tomorrow. we're all grown
up enough to decide what should be done about them, my team made
recommendations already, so here goes:

(by 'the space' i mean 83c wiese)
1. the space is going to fill up with people on halloween
2. the space might fill up with people who aren't noisebridge members
3. the space could possibly house valuables that belong to a member
and not noisebridge
4. people might be enticed to jack valuables from the space
5. people are going to get drunk
6. people are going to want to show off their: projects, hardware, tools, crap

1, 2 and 5 are reasons for opening up the workshop.
3, 4 and 6 are reasons for closing up the workshop.

-g

--
Greg Albrecht (gregoryba at gmail.com)
Mobile: 1-310-621-9598