[Noisebridge-discuss] Evacuate the space by Friday night!

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Thu Oct 30 21:56:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Shannon Lee wrote:

> Every time we've talked about this as a group, we've talked about having the
> fishbowl off limits -- not only because it's a good place to lock up
> valuables, but because it's full of power tools that you don't want drunk
> strangers screwing with.  I don't think that adding 48 square feet of
> standing room is worth giving up those two wins.
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Greg Albrecht <gregoryba at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >   i like the idea that the fish<THING> is off
> > > limits to guests that night and that we, the
> > > washed, can stash our care-ables in the room
> > > with some added assurance of safety.
> >
> > while i do agree that this is a good idea, i think we're going to be
> > very limited on space that night as well, so it might not be in the
> > cards. that's why the group asked if everyone could bring their
> > valuables home, at least for the night.

yeah, i suspect if someone managed to either a)break the drill press or b)
use it on the networking equipment, all your baby jesuses would cry.

Freelance Journalist & Photographer

  quinnnorton.com || +1 408 813 8064 || aim, skype, msn: ambiguousquinn

The only thing I don't like about Edward Tufte books is I can't
           tell what they are about from the pictures.