[Noisebridge-discuss] Led display

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Sep 28 08:47:26 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:35:39PM +1000, Jonas S Karlsson wrote:
> Just wanted to mentioned that I visited the CSE revue when I arrived
> in Sydney. The show was soso but what kept my attention was the LED
> display in the background. If no led is on then it is just a "see thru
> grill". But where graphics is shown one can't see thru. My estimate is
> that there is maybe 140 x 180 positions with 3 color LEDs. I was
> thinking that that be a cool thing to have and build and program in
> noisebridge new place!

They have a similar display technology in place at the Sharks arena in
San Jose.  It seemed to be vertical bars with ultra-bright tricolor LEDs
mounted.  They were playing full-motion approximately-full-color video
on it during the Barnum and Bailey circus.  Most impressive.

I'd love to help build one.

-andy