Fwd: [Noisebridge-discuss] lease text

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Sun Sep 28 18:20:07 UTC 2008

We're beginning to understand that with a group of this size, decisions
are best made by this kind of process:

* someone, or a small group of someones, makes a fairly detailed
proposal and presents it to the group
* people who have opinions make changes to the proposal
* the group chooses from a small set of proposals

Free-form discussion is excellent for getting a general sense of what
people want to do, but it's hard to a) know when the discussion is done,
and b) turn it into specific tasks.

Jim, it looks like you're taking the lead on drafting a monetary policy
:) Manage it in whatever way seems best to you - but my suggestion would
be, write one first, since there aren't a lot of people jumping into the
discussion yet.  I bet that number would increase if you gave us some
more specifics.  The 3-month vs 6-month buffer goal is a good piece of
specificity, what others do you think are necessary?

Rachel