[Noisebridge-discuss] Lease signed! Space acquired! Meeting tomorrow!

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:09:45 UTC 2008

Just learned about Noisebridge (via tweet from Bre Prettis), happy to hear
about the space and hopefully I'll be inspired to do more hacking. One
thought I had, though perhaps this should wait until post-cleaning, will you
be collecting people's random-but-potentially hackable items to build up
useful piles of stuff?

For example, at a recent tech conference I recieved a piece of schwag which
is a plastic ball with a bunch of small batteries and colored LED's set to
cycle through various colors - which just calls out to be repurposed. On a
larger scale I have, as am I'm sure most geeks do, piles of similar stuff,
old gadgets, computers, "broken" laptop batteries etc - some of which may
have parts or components suitable for reuse (or could be repaired with the
right creative hacking - my old laptop batteries for example apparently have
some form of a software-like bug that caused them to show up as
non-functional, I suspect there is some means of repairing them.

Not sure if I can stop by to help out tomorrow but please send us the time
and if I'm in the neighborhood I'll try to stop by.

Shannon

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Ben Henry <henrybg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations guys!  I can't wait to check it out.  When are you
> cleaning tomorrow (time)?
>
> -Ben
>
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net>
> wrote:
> > (!)
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > We've signed the (one year commercial) lease, we've written two checks
> > (deposit and first months rent) and we now officially have a permanent
> > physical location:
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/The_Space
> >
> > Here's how to get to the space:
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Getting_Here
> >
> > Here's a photo of the board who signed the lease:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ioerror/2900128362/
> >
> > Tomorrow is the first of many cleaning parties. In addition, we'll have
> > our first meeting in the space.
> >
> > If you have stuff that you'd like to bring into the space, please list
> > it here:
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/ThingsWeHaveToGiveAway
> >
> > See you all tomorrow!
> >
> > Best,
> > Jake
> >

> --
> http://collab21.com/
> http://collaborationchronicles.com/
> http://moto.com/

Founder, Nearness Function - brand advertising & sponsorships

Blog: Slow Brand - http://slowbrand.com