[Noisebridge-discuss] Payphone?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Sep 30 01:35:49 UTC 2008

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 06:08:54PM -0700, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
>> Does anyone have a payphone body (with or without guts) that we can hack
>> into a useful (possibly voip) phone? It would be nice if we had a phone
>> in the space to make and to receive calls. Sadly we don't quite have
>> room for an entire British phone booth.
>
> How about installing it on the sidewalk outside instead?

I'm a fan!

I'd like it to be the most insecure phone possible. Perhaps if we back
the payphone with a software switch, we can make a phone you can phreak
with a {blue,red}box in software or hardware?

I don't really want to charge people for calls either. It should be
possible to do this with some of the "share your line" community voip
thingies.

-jake