[Noisebridge-discuss] Science, engineering and design huddle opening subject, Optemizing stepper motors as generators

Michael Kan Kan michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 17:09:00 UTC 2009

Please reply via the discuss list only - no e-mail to my personal address.

 So far there has been no turnout for the last two meetings.
 Have been suggested to have some kind of opening topic to start off with.

 I see several groups who have difficulties getting their projects working.
 They are invited to come to my " Science, engineering and design huddle
to have counsultation sessions.

 Several people were interested in the renewable energy flashlights and
will have several examples of stepper motors and how to modify to
optimize them for LED flashlight service.

 There are several renewable flasshlights on the market.
 However they suffer from several major bad engineering problems.

 One well known and copied configuration suffers from high magnetic
leakage which endangers magnetic stripe cards and awkward shaking
noisy charging operation. The other have many noisy gears.

 My example is easier to construct and is silent in operation and
has no exposed magnetic field.

 I brought my completed examples to Noisebridge sevaral times and
people have seen them.

 So please remember that " Science, engineering and design huddle starts
at 7 PM on Thursday evening at 83C Noisebridge.

 Mike Kan