[Noisebridge-discuss] Science, engineering and design huddle opening subject, RF Phone kind of thing.

Michael Kan Kan michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 00:38:11 UTC 2009

d p chang,

 Why do stuff the hard and expensive way?

 One can do better and cheaper with a gain antenna than anhy kind of active
circuit.
 Simply upping the power does little good when it comes to reception
of signals.

 Using a directional antenna not only improves the signal strength, but
also cuts out undesired noise signls from other sources.

 20 USD is very cheap so why not purchase one for everyone at Noisebridge?
 I used to see monster gold plated ones that are used in satellites
that cost over 10K USD and are rad hard.

 Spectrum analyzer is also very affordable as one can even build one
for less than the cost of a new computer.

 I do not know what the frequency coverage and resolution of your model
but certainly you should have one of your own by now.

 Used to have a whole physics lab, machine shop and engineeriing work
bench with pretty all the test equipment that has been ever made.

 Had shut down the operation and got rid of the equipment with its
association when I was treated more as a lowly stockroom clerk than as a
real human being.

  I have no idea as what you are doing since all I get are very scattered
details of what you are doing.  Perhaps or not I will better understand
why you are doing so when we meet.

 Lets hold off on this discussion on the terminal untill we meet
next Thursday 7 PM at Noisebridge.

 Take care

 Mike Kan