[Noisebridge-discuss] Books of Interest

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:58:46 UTC 2009

Good Morning/Evening Noisebridgers!

Recently, I have been complaining a lot about the lack of interesting books
on the shelf at Noisebridge. Most of them are programming books that have
been donated, and they are all useful, but a lot of them are just not that
interesting to me. Especially if it's a book of code that I can teach myself
from Googling.

So to resolve this issue, I decided to create a wiki page called Books of
Interest <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Books_of_Interest>. I think it's
a great way to collaborate on a good library of titles, as well as to keep a
wish list. I've already entered in a few titles from a much longer list I
have, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. My thought is that if
there is a book enough people express interest in-- if you like a title, add
your name to the "Recommended By" cell-- then perhaps we could appropriate
Noisebridge funds to purchase a copy for the library. (Sorry to add another
agenda item to the meeting)

I am still researching the mediawiki "sorting" tables to make viewing
easier, but for now please enter books you like. I only ask that you search
the table first to make sure a title you want to recommend is not present
yet, and if it is there, simply add your name to the "Recommended" cell.

aestetix