[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge "project fair"?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Apr 8 23:42:13 UTC 2009

Would there be interest in holding a semi-official "project fair" one
Saturday afternoon?  I'm thinking of something like a career fair, but
for people's projects.

The goal is to connect doers with dreamers, and learners with mentors.
We have lots of project ideas that lack momentum, and plenty of people
who want to learn skills but don't know who could teach them.  An
event like this could help stir things up.  It could also help get
more projects to be noisebridge-affiliated, instead of just something
I'm hacking on at home.

Even if we don't do a fair, it's worth asking around for interest on
the list or in the space.  Personally, I've found moving things into
noisebridge to be really motivating, and the cyborg people have
expressed the same thing.  If nothing else, you're going to get a few
people interested in listening to your project ideas, which is fun and
encouraging.

Hack on, dudes!
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796