[Noisebridge-discuss] Nonconsensus meeting minutes 14 April 2009

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 15 04:41:58 UTC 2009

Nonconsensus Portion
Meeting Minutes 14 April 2009
Scribe: David Molnar

* Drinks
** No one steps up to own it, we pass over it in

silence. (Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß

man schweigen.)

* Purchasing Additional Stickers
** Need to order stickers for ToorCamp
** Library cataloguing project underway
** Idea is to buy stickers
** 1000 stickers, $150
** Jake suggests 2000 due to simultaneous events
** Idea: Authorize $$ to mitch, let him figure it out
** Roll over to next week
** Phrase consensus item
*** "Shall we authorize $500 to Mitch and Stella to
cover library and promotional expenses?"
** Q: Should we make this a recurring item?
** Not here, recurring is a separate discussion.

* Truck to drive to get free furniture?
** Asheesh has CityCarShare
** Christie has Van
** Talk to steve!

* Membership Committee Discussion
** Nana thinks language unclear
** Membership committee is 6PM next week Tuesday
** PLEASE SHOW UP, only 2-3 people showed up
** If people keep objecting, should we move on?
** No, we need clear membership policies.
** Good to discuss things, don't want to be too

anal.
** These things come down to particular situation,

not sure it makes sense to make rules beforehand.
** Required not to kick people out except by a

process.
** Lots of orgs with drama, but never the same thing

twice.

Ad Hoc stuff:
* Jonathan shelf now has stuff
** Anyone can have ColdFire eval board, 7 yrs old
** JTAG to parallel port available
** Two crappy card readers with PS2 interface
** Put these on the hack shelf?

* Have a shelf specifically for ID cards/RFID ?
** Not planning to move to status symbol stuff
** Official noisebridge ID, give them to anyone!

* Chris Paget taught RFID workshop. 2D barcode

reader donated to the space!
* PASS cards in the space for hacking
* Affiliate member Ralf (rpw) visiting!
* More CCC people showing up this weekend.
* Jake moved into new apartment
** Six boxes of books + electronics
** Do a swap meet? Come to Jake's house.

Next meeting Moderator: Jeffrey Malone

Meeting ends 9:39 PM.