[Noisebridge-discuss] membership team meeting (trying this again)

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Apr 21 13:47:04 UTC 2009

Last week the membership team tried to meet before the general meeting,
with the only result being burritos.  This week, we'll take another stab
at it.

6PM, upstairs on the Comfy Sofas.  Burritos optional.

Why?  We have this one issue that is not yet resolved, about what to do
with Big Problem people.  We have not had anyone be a Big Problem yet,
but if we ever do, we want some kind of guideline for how to deal with
them.  Legally, any kicking-out process must be "fair" and "reasonable".
 This is one situation where case-by-case is going to fail us as it is
very hard to argue that a one-time process invented specifically to
handle Problem Person A is fair or reasonable.

Previously:

Membership team made this recommendation
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Membership_Team#Kicking_people_out
which the general meeting did not come to consensus on.

Do you have an opinion?  Come discuss it.

Rachel