[Noisebridge-discuss] New space?

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Thu Apr 2 03:11:34 UTC 2009

> Hey, for folks who couldn't make the meeting last night, can someone
> summarize what happened, specifically regarding a new space?

This following is a condensed summary of what I took away from the 3-31-09
meeting, just regarding the subject of expansion or relocation of
Noisebridge.

1)
A lot of funds (i.e. 3-4 thousands dollars ++) were raised towards
Noisebridge expansion at the current location, and a working group is tasked
with negotiating this possible expansion into 83a under a lease that is
coterminous with 83c (fall, 2009).

2)
  I later heard an estimate that 75+ members would be required to sustain
the increased operating expenses.
  8 new members were added to Noisebridge during the meeting, at this rate
the 75 member requirement will achieved in a month.  (Note the estimate
assumes members pay at current proportion of $40/$80 membership levels)

3)
Interested parties were encouraged to be on the lookout for other available
spaces that offer the necessary amenities such as increased space, low
rents, and easy transit access.

Meeting agenda and notes:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2009_03_31