[Noisebridge-discuss] FYI Safari Books Online on SFPL

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 08:14:54 UTC 2009

I was hanging out with Bill Pollock, of No Starch Press, tonight (they're publishing a book teaching Python to kids by NB member Al Sweigart, and also, as of tonight me and Jeff Keyzer are now signed up to write a book on teaching people to play with microcontrollers).  Bill has donated one of every book in the No Starch catalog to Noisebridge (and they're all on the bookshelves on the 2nd floor).  He gave me the three newest ones tonight, which I added to the bookshelves:  "The Google Way", "Growing Software", and "The Manga Guide to Electricity" -- the last one is an actual manga comic book.

Tonight Bill offered to give us books at 50% discount, suggesting we could sell them at 25% off of list price, thus keeping 25% for Noisebridge.  What do folks think of that?

Mitch.