[Noisebridge-discuss] warehouse space/ noisebridge east?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:58:42 UTC 2009

I looked at that space when I was considering moving to Oakland.  I was not
impressed.  There are a lot of things they're doing wrong with the space.
There's a lot wrong with the space.  Even if it was perfect, I can only
imagine how our people would interact with the church group that they have
in the building.

Now, while the price is really attractive, this is either a space that's
been open since October when I looked at it, or the tenants vacated pretty
quickly.  Either way, it's not a place I would want to get involved with.
The management only subdivided it last fall.

Christie

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:45 PM, meredith scheff <satiredun at gmail.com>wrote:

> so heres the deal.
> I just went and looked at this pretty awesome space in west oakland (don't
> make faces) at 15th and willow. It's 2k sf, with 4 'offices' about 10x10 and
> all with 20 foot ceilings. It's in a nice gated little U that also houses
> the illustrious Because We Can. The neighborhood is good- i walked from the
> west oakland bart to there and it was tree-lined and had a few comunity
> garderns up. People waved. The whole space, with a 3 year lease, is 1500. 2
> year lease, 1600.
> Anyways, Id love to have this space. I'd like to live in it- which is live
> and let live situation, without being defined as allowed or not.
> Im looking for people to go in with me on this space. either live in or
> studio.
> anyone interested?
> meredith
>
> --
> doing stuff and making things
> ---
> "A traveler. I love his title. A traveler is to be reverenced as such. His
> profession is the best symbol of our life. Going from - toward; it is the
> history of every one of us. It is a great art to saunter." -Henry David
> Thoreau

I refuse to give up childish things.