[Noisebridge-discuss] hack an account on mac osx

arbzed arbzed at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:15:34 UTC 2009

If it's running an OS X version prior to 10.5, you can just boot to
single-user mode use nutil to access the netinfo database that manages user
accounts, and clobber the admin password.

It takes a bit of googling around to find documentation for nutil, but I
have done this a couple of times and it's pretty straightforward.

There's probably a 10.5 equivalent to this procedure, but they've stopped
using netinfo.