[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Optimization

jim jim at well.com
Thu Apr 9 00:22:18 UTC 2009

+1 for the sentiment.

   can we improve integrating the wiki with the
meeting?
   e.g. agenda for the coming meeting is posted
on the wiki. the evening's meeting runner is
mostly in robot mode and figures time allotments
for topics and enforces cut-offs (hopefully
zealots will have previously organized).
   no decision is made at a meeting that
introduces an issue.
   for any issue, a page exists on the wiki and
the community, if it's smart and wants to do
things other than listen and talk, promotes the
use of the wiki, maybe even requires it, to
flush and flesh out the issue.
   all objections must be recorded on the wiki;
the issue reaches decision after all objections
are satisfactorily met per wiki discussion.
   at the following meeting the issue discussion
is, hopefully, a formality (and therefore brief):
"objections are not yet met, next topic" or "it
seems all objections are met, are there any last-
minute new points?".
   if so, continue the issue for more
wiki-wrangling, if not, decide: cherished brevity
in either case.