[Noisebridge-discuss] 4/17 crypto night - historical crypto systems

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 11:41:11 UTC 2009

This sounds fantastic.

Over the last few years, I had taken a specific interest in historical
crypto systems, so I really like where you're going.
I should do a little self-promotion here and refer you to some cryptography
stuff I wrote about six years ago: http://aestetix.net/?page=crypto.

If people are really interested in this, I recommend reading at least the
first few chapters of *The Code Book* by Simon Singh.

It might also be fun to cover things like Linear B, the Beale Cipher, the
Voynich Manuscripts, Jefferson's Cipher wheel, Vigenere's work.... but I
digress.