[Noisebridge-discuss] streaming video, teleconferencing and more

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:01:35 UTC 2009

We've had some tele-attandence of our Sensebridge meetings already,
but only by drafting someone's macbook and using skype.

Some thoughts that have been bouncing around my head already:

- If we want to get conferences, and not just one person lecturing, we
need good microphonage. There are commercial tele-conference
microphone thingees. I see some on eBay for Not Much. Or, perhaps we
can build something similar from old mics and a mixer.

- It would be super, super, super cool to have a fish-eye lense on a
webcam, so we could capture 360° . I'm not smart enough with the
graphics to know how hard it would be to make something to normalize
that into some kind of live, pan-able video. I've read about
commercial ones like this for conference rooms, but they seem to be
many hundreds of dolares. If we could DIY that it would be fucking
amazing.

- A virtual white board could be very useful. I've looked into sites
that offer these and everything I've found is some combination of
sign-up-y, spammy, and/or sucky. Ideally we want something that can be
projected on the wall and shared online.

~Skory