[Noisebridge-discuss] streaming video, teleconferencing and more

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 03:43:57 UTC 2009

> For more participatory events, it would be nice to have a fish-eye.  I think
> a 360 one would be too much and probably make the viewer nauseous.

The idea is that you normalize it in software so it doesn't look (too)
distorted. Then, ideally, a viewer can pan around as if they had their
own little camera on a motor independent of any other viewers, but the
panning is all in software.

I've read about very expensive commercial products that do just this.
It's probably much too complicated to be worth doing... but it's just
such a cool idea!