[Noisebridge-discuss] streaming video, teleconferencing and more

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Tue Apr 14 04:18:54 UTC 2009

Adam Skory <askory at gmail.com> writes:

>> For more participatory events, it would be nice to have a fish-eye.
>> I think a 360 one would be too much and probably make the viewer
>> nauseous.
>
> The idea is that you normalize it in software so it doesn't look (too)
> distorted.

[ .. deletia .. ]

> I've read about very expensive commercial products that do just this.
> It's probably much too complicated to be worth doing... but it's just
> such a cool idea!

the math isn't too bad. just like the reverse of a gazing ball that
people have in their gardens.

the 'complication' is in dealing w/ high resolution and multiple viewers
each w/ their own point of view. i'm not sure if any/all cameras give
suitable access to the uncompressed bits since transcoding would be
slightly more painful.

\p
---
I don't see any god up here. --- Yuri Gagarin