[Noisebridge-discuss] How can I circumvent the schtoopid upload file format restrictions?!? (Re: PIR sensor docs)

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:58:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 11:00 -0700, Jonathan Foote wrote:
> I fooled with the passive IR sensor board a little. Managed to get a
> little more range out of it by putting a 500 ohm trimpot in parallel
> with R107 to lower the comparator threshold. However this only
> increases the range to about 18 inches or so before it starts to get
> noisy.
>
> The first gain stage is some sort of differentiating amplifier, but
> not of a topology I'm familiar with, and I'm not sure how to hack it.
> Increasing noninverting feedback R should increase the gain, but it's
> already >1M, and more gain will at some point result in more false
> alarms. Any analog heads care to comment?
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Image:PIR_skeem_Sensor.jpg
>
> But here are some lenses designed exactly for the two-element sensor.
> At 35 cents each they won't break the bank.
> http://www.futurlec.com/PIR_Sensors.shtml

It would be really, really, REALLY, REALLY!!!! nice if someone could get
rid of the inane restriction on file types, as shown in:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Special:Upload
<inane file type restriction that excludes even plain ASCII text>
Upload file
>From Noisebridge

Jump to: navigation, search
Upload warning
".txt" is an unwanted file type

        List of allowed file types: pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, ogg, doc, xls,
        ppt, mp3, sxc, pdf, nse
</inane file type restriction that excludes even plain ASCII text>

because then I could upload the little LTspice IV
[ http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/#Spice ]
netlist of the front end circuit where it belongs, and not at a place it
shouldn't be:
http://sandiegomensa.org/images/stories/BrueckeAmRauschendenBach/

You'll also want to download the op amp SPICE model from Texas
Instruments's web site:
http://www.ti.com/litv/zip/sloj092
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tlc272.html

- Christoph