[Noisebridge-discuss] I don't know Macs and this one needs help!

d p chang pchang at macrovision.com
Tue Apr 21 21:43:45 UTC 2009

Marnia Johnston <marnia at gmail.com> writes:

> The non-profit I work for is having Mac problems. Their iMac is 3-4
> years old and it wont boot up past the white screen/grey apple phase.

does it give the sad mac or does it just sit there? if you hold down
cmd-v (the funny clover labelled key + v) it should give you a 'verbose'
boot so that you can see where it is going south.

> I wanted to re-install the OS, figuring that that would solve the
> problem. Unfortunatly they've lost the orignial disks and
> everybody elses copy of OS X wont work.

i'm not sure what you mean here. the machine is old enough that other
install disks don't work?

\p
---
It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you
want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!
		--- Lewis Carroll