[Noisebridge-discuss] digikey order?

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Thu Apr 23 22:59:17 UTC 2009

If it's for noisebridge, it shouldn't be a problem making it public
even on your own personal digikey account. Making it public doesn't
give others any privileges other than seeing the list. We could
aggregate them as urls on the wiki, google doc spreadsheets, or csvs
on github or something.

Actually, after digikey did a major bork in upgrading their systems,
I'll be keeping all my BOMs locally too, which makes it easier to
second-source things from Mouser or Newark.

A fun web project might be to pipe a BOM through findchips.com to find
the cheapest vendor, or parcel it out between the big three. For big
orders that could save some money, though a hairy problem making sure
package types, etc, agree...