[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Club Mate shipment

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Wed Apr 29 17:54:48 UTC 2009

I'm rather interested in all this myself, and would love to see it go down...
So, to confirm the totals, if 11200 bottles were purchased, it would
cost an estimated €5936 ($7876) and then an estimated $2900 to ship,
plus cost of getting it from the bottler to the shipping docks in
Bremerhaven.
Not including the truck to the docks, that'd be just shy of $1/bottle ($0.96).

So I have two questions...

First, I notice on the pricing of the actual bottles that a bottle
deposit is being charged.  As the bottles are explicitly for export
outside of Germany, is that really required? (€1680 bottle deposit for
11200 bottles is quite a surcharge!)
Furthermore, does that price include VAT -- which I am quite sure
should be waved for the export out of the EU...

Secondly, who is fronting the money for this?  I'm sure you could
charge $2 a bottle to people out here without them being at all upset
(hell, a ~.5l bottle of coke at the liquor store costs that much
almost), so it's undoubtedly a safe investment, but I'm curious if
you're asking for people to step up and help out, or if you've got the
financial backing and just want to keep us informed.

Jeffrey