[Noisebridge-discuss] Perseid shower?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 02:05:04 UTC 2009

No, this isn't about bathing.  But I did think it was the sort of
thing that this group of people might have an interest in.

I've been meaning to get out for a viewing of the perseids for some
time now.  Although it occurs at a bad time, I still think it'd be
neat to get outside the bay light dome to see how many we could catch.
 It peaks on the night of August 12/13, which is a Wednesday.  I don't
think it would be worth it to go on any other day, as 10-15
meteors/hour in the entire sky isn't worth the necessary drive.

Now, I'd be willing to drive out if I could convince people to come
with me.  If you're nice let me know in advance, I can even have seats
for everyone.  In fact, I'd rather not drive that kind of distance
without them.

So, what do you say?  Who's up for this?

Christie

---
 Disrupting paradigms since 1967