[Noisebridge-discuss] New group ideas.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 23:07:45 UTC 2009

2009/07/07 Laura Khalil <zazenergy at gmail.com>:
> If anyone is interested there is a free 2 day Ruby on Rails
> Outreach thing happening for women on 7/31 (evening) and 8/1
> (all day). You can find all the info here. If any guys are
> interested in attending, I can bring one d00d, so plz let me
> know asap. This will probably fill up in the next 24 hours.

  This group happens regularly and is worthwhile.

  The attendees span a few different levels, from never
  programmed before to Java/JSP developers. Many of the
  volunteers are experienced Rubyists -- you will not lack for
  support at this group.

  The Ruby and Rails installation was a little disorganized and
  it's important to get help on that. I was able to do it
  without much trouble but I know Ruby well and have used it for
  many years -- it'd be too much for someone new to UNIX and
  Ruby to do on their own.

  There isn't much value in this thing for male attendees.
  There's not really any where to put us :) If anything,
  inviting your programmer guy friends will just make it harder
  for you to integrate with the group.

--
Jason Dusek

 |This group...|