[Noisebridge-discuss] Locks at 2169 Mission

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Mon Aug 10 08:28:16 UTC 2009

For those of you with build-related buisiness at 2169 Mission,

The locks there been rekeyed so your existing keys for 83c Wiese will
work for the doors on the third floor.  However, getting to the third
floor in the first place requires using different keys for the front
gate and front door,  These keys are not the same as your 83c Wiese
key.  I can't rekey those just yet because it would lock out our
second floor neighbors.  You can try buzzing in to see if they or
someone on the third floor will let you in.  Otherwise, you need to
find someone with a key to the place (the five officers, me, probably
other people involved with the build.)

Be advised that our neighbors to the south in the grocery market seem
to be sticking things in front of our gate.  A polite request to move
the fruit out of the way will allow you to get in.  ("¡Buenas mañanas,
señor o señora!.  Por favor, mueva las frutas.")

I want to emphasize that the keying configuration is strictly
temporary and we'll do something much more excellent with the locks
later on.  There were some great suggestions involving 99999 keys
which are at the top of my list for possibilities after I finish
working out a few things with the other people in the building.

I know electronic locks are all neat and shiny, but please don't screw
with the MSP430 F1232 [1] in the BE365.  It's already been screwed
with and I had such a wonderful time finding its marbles after they
fell out that I never want to do it ever again.

We also need garbage cans and toilet paper, if anyone is heading over
there later this week.