[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge CTF this Thursday 8pm (not at NB yet, read email)

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:46:07 UTC 2009

Tbbq Nsgreabba, Abvfroevqtr,

Due to popular demand, a bunch of us are going to get together for a
security workshop on Thursdays at 8pm. It's going to feature stuff
like:

Noisebridge CTF. We have CTF images from the CCC, and should also be
getting some images from DefCon. We've been challenged to create our
own.
Reversing. We encourage people to bring in malware from the wild and
play with it.
Security. XSS, SQL injection, shellcode, buffer overflows, rootkits, etc.
Forensics. How do tools like tct and sleuthkit work? We still have the
DC3 images as well.
Cryptography. Do you breathe RSA? Have you gone through the PhreakNIC
challenges?
General. Is ____ possible? Let's find out!

And a bunch more. If you have a project you're currently working on,
bring it. If you're trying to get through a security book, bring it.
If you're totally new and have an open mind, bring it.

To help with space constraints, we're going to meet at Muddy Waters
(521 Valencia St, around the corner from Noisebridge). If we run into
issues with space there, or the place closes, then we'll move back to
Noisebridge. I'll try to keep the status on my Twitter stream
(www.twitter.com/aestetix).
We will meet at 2169 Mission once Noisebridge has full occupancy.

Due to obvious conflicts (Five Minutes of Fame), this meetup will skip
the 3rd Thursday of every month.

In any case, hope to see you there!

aestetix