[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame August pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:20:50 UTC 2009

Greetings Noisebridge,

Thanks to everyone who turned out last night and made Five Minutes of Fame
possible. August is notoriously difficult, because a lot of people are out
of town, and Burning Man is in the air. I think a lot of people involved
actually changed their plans to make sure this month got pulled off, and I
cannot express how grateful everyone is to them.

We had a few technical difficulties at the beginning, but we managed to work
around them. I want to thank James, Miloh, and Eddie for helping out with
the audio/visuals, our "slide girl" Ani, Paul (a visitor from Pumping
Station: One in Chicago), Alex Handy and Rubin for helping us fetch back a
bunch of equipment that had been carried off to 2169. Also, thanks to all
the speakers who gave brilliant talks, and thanks to everyone who showed up
for the show. Without you guys, this wouldn't be able to exist.

On a final note, next month's Five Minutes of Fame is special for two
reasons: it's the first one in the new space, and it's the 150th anniversary
of Emperor Norton's accession to the throne, to the *day*. This has not gone
ignored, and we'll have some very special things planned for everyone. We
can't wait.

Until next month,
aestetix