[Noisebridge-discuss] Fire protection planning and budgeting

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Aug 27 19:53:41 UTC 2009

Since our new space at 2169 is larger and will have more rooms and
users than our old space, we have more fire protection / suppression
needs than the old space: more extinguishers, more exit signage,
more smoke detectors.

Although some people pointed out that we have sprinklers in the new
space, which increases fire safety quite a lot, they are not a
substitute for smoke detectors and extinguishers because

(1) if they go off, they can cause water damage to various things

(2) if they go off, things may already have been damaged by fire
(because a fire might have to have spread in order to be big
enough to set off the sprinklers)

(3) water isn't suitable for extinguishing all kinds of fires, including
some kinds of fires that could happen at Noisebridge.

So, I want to do some work on fire protection stuff for the new space.
Is there somewhere that I should propose a budget for this?  Should I
go to a build meeting to talk about it or just write about it on the
wiki?

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.