[Noisebridge-discuss] Fire protection planning and budgeting

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Aug 27 20:07:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:53:41PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Although some people pointed out that we have sprinklers in the new
> space, which increases fire safety quite a lot, they are not a
> substitute for smoke detectors and extinguishers because

Agreed, the sprinklers are an absolute last resort.  I'm very glad
they're there and I'm glad the landlords had them serviced and we should
do everything in our power to make sure they stay functional and
effective.

> So, I want to do some work on fire protection stuff for the new space.
> Is there somewhere that I should propose a budget for this?  Should I
> go to a build meeting to talk about it or just write about it on the
> wiki?

Do it!  I suspect a new page /Moving/2169_Mission/Safety is in order,
and once there's a plan then there can be a budget and we can discuss
how to make it happen (volunteer labor, buying supplies, etc).

-andy