[Noisebridge-discuss] Future Salons @ Burning man

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 05:05:06 UTC 2009

I will be camping at Future Camp, in the Playagon Village, at 9:00 and
Fossil.  We were going to have a huge 44 foot dome, but due to some
equipment failure (scissors lift broken), we will instead of have a half
a dozen smaller shade structures, hopefully grouped together to make a
nice big space.

Some of you might be interested in a series of talks my camp plans for
burning man:

http://playagon.pbworks.com/Mind-Expansion

Tuesday

1-2pm, Mind Expansion, Rachel Kalmar (and Rion Snow), Evolving the playa
experience with design thinking: Part I

2-3pm, Mind Expansion, Rion Snow, Extropy Appreciation Hour

3-4pm, Mind Expansion, Alex Bobrovnikov, Singularity University: A
Student Perspective

4-5pm, Future Salon, John Smart, What is the Singularity?

Wednesday

1-1:30pm, Mind Expansion, Kathryn Myronuk, The One Thing You Should Do
For Your Health This Year

1:30-2pm, Mind Expansion, Daniel Ford, The Science of Happiness

2-3pm, Future Salon, Matt Bell, Future of Computer Vision

3-4pm, Future Salon, Alvis Brigis, Collaborative IQ and the Economy of
Simulations

4-5pm, Future Salon, John Smart, Evo Devo Universe: Part I

Thursday

1-2pm, Mind Expansion, Matt Bell, Extreme Lifehacking Tips & Techniques

2-2:30pm, Mind Expansion, Eric Boyd, Intro to Podcasting

2:30-3pm, Mind Expansion, Iveta Brigis, Subliminal Veganism: The China Study

3-4pm, Future Salon, Patri Friedman, Seasteading

4-5pm, Future Salon, John Smart, Evo Devo Universe: Part II

Friday

1-2pm, Mind Expansion, Todd Huffman, Body Modification Hacks

2-2:30pm, Mind Expansion, Daniel Ford, Listening Skills Workshop,

2:30-3pm, Future Salon, Iveta Brigis, Subliminal Veganism: Eat to Live

3-3:30pm, Mind Expansion, Patri Friedman, Ephemerisle: An Intentional
Oceanic Community

3:30-4pm, Future Salon, Alvis Brigis, Implications of the Quantified Society

4-5pm, Future Salon, John Smart, 21st Century Developmental Futures

Saturday

1-2pm, Mind Expansion, Rachel Kalmar (and Rion Snow), Evolve the playa
experience with design thinking: Part II

2-3pm, Future Salon, Eric Boyd, SenseBridge and the Future of Sensors

3-4pm, Future Salon, Lynn J. and Holly H., Potentiating Change in Self
Organizing Systems

4-5pm, Future Salon, John Smart, Illustrations of Universal and Personal
Progress

Hope to see you there!