[Noisebridge-discuss] request of stuff to bring to HAR

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 22:42:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  To anyone coming to HAR:
>

> I'm at Metalab, and a bunch of us (Americans and Europeans) were discussing
> things that we don't have, that would be nice to have at HAR.  If someone
> can bring the following, it will be much appreciated:
>
>      NB T-shirts (just the smaller sizes, XXL and smaller)

How long does a t-shirt order take to process? Can we send along a silk
screen instead perhaps?

>      NB stickers

working on the stickers

>      NB buttons
>
>      3 boxes Graham crackers -- we have all the makings of s'mores except
> for this key ingredient
>
>      a few bottles (or as much as you can carry) of good rootbeer (not the
> high-fructose corn syrup kind) -- evidently, Europeans have never even heard
> of rootbeer, and many are way curious to try it.

I heard that medicine flavoring in Europe is rootbeer flavored, so believe
it or not, Europeans sometimes find rootbeer disgusting ('ugh, tastes like
medicine!').

random internet quote:  "Evidently, root beer has a flavor very close to
some kind of medicine they give to children, at least here in Spain. Dr.
Pepper, on the other hand, is always a big hit when I bring some back."