[Noisebridge-discuss] Date/location for fundraiser

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 01:07:23 UTC 2009

It's exactly this sentiment I'm trying to address by bringing up the
dilemma.  Even if it's not significant "work" going on or learning
experiences occurring, I think we all know from our youths that it's a
frustration to be excluded from events when everyone else is going.

The way I see it is we stand very little chance of making much money
if we don't sell alcohol in a space such as Cellspace.  I'd love to
see someone put together numbers that would prove me wrong.  If we
can't come ahead, then I see no reason to do this.  So the question
remains...  Do we do this at all and exclude people or just skip it
and move on?

Rubin may be able to come up with a better answer once he hears back
from the Entertainment Commission.  I suppose we could go that route
if it sounds reasonable.  We could put that DJ booth to good purpose,
then move all our stuff in later.

Christie

---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.