[Noisebridge-discuss] Touchable Holography

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sun Aug 9 03:26:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Harry Tormey<slander at unworkable.org> wrote:
> http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafJF9a.html

Maybe I'm missing something, but this vid seems just about the P3's
software; I don't see discussion of haptic feedback.

> http://www.immersion.com/products/touchscreen-feedback/index.html

Very interesting. Can this do something beyond vibration? (That's the
only effect I saw specifically mentioned.)

E.g. simulating a set of raised buttons and how they would respond to
being touched / pressed...

I also wonder if one could do that without having too high power consumption.

Very neat stuff, though. Hope to see it in production.

- Sai