[Noisebridge-discuss] Perseid shower?

Laura Khalil zazenergy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:32:15 UTC 2009

Wanted to provide some new information I read this morning on the Perseids
in SF Gate<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/09/BA75195H52.DTL>
:

"This year, the bright streaks and occasional blazing fireballs of the
meteors should reach their peak well before dawn Wednesday and after sunset
that night.

*But Tuesday night should offer a better view as the waning gibbous moon
doesn't rise until 11 p.m* and the sky will be darkest before the moonlight
interferes, says Andrew Fraknoi, chairman of astronomy at Foothill College
in Los Altos Hills."

I am going to try to go to Lawrence Hall of Science tomorrow night.  Not
sure if that's a good idea or not (I've not been), but it "should" be a good
place to view from.

Laura