[Noisebridge-discuss] Games night - Race for the Galaxy

dpc weasel at meer.net
Mon Aug 17 20:53:17 UTC 2009

Laura Khalil <zazenergy at gmail.com> writes:

> I think Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride could be fun.
> While Catan is the most strategic, the other two are pretty easy to
> learn.

amongst my friends, we play 'settlers' w/ our cards face up (making for
easier kibitzing). this helps beginners out w/ differing views of
strategies and avoiding common pitfalls, but lengthens the games (good
for the hanging out vs winning balance :-)

\p

---
It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you
are an exceptionally good liar. - Jerome K. Jerome