[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes 18 Aug [humour]

David Molnar dmolnar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:05:39 UTC 2009

Ceren Ercen wrote:

> How can/would we reach a consensus on borrowing a few thousand for
> the buildout? I do not think we'd find ourselves in a bad spot when
> it comes to progressively paying it back, given our membership
> trend.
My suggestion:

1) Everyone picks a bank. We might start with Wells Fargo, who holds
our checking account.
2) Put your name and the bank you are calling on the wiki (so we don't
have two people call the same bank)
3) For that bank, call them up and ask what the terms would be for a
$15-20K loan to a 501c3 nonprofit. Ask them what information they need to
make a decision.
4) Put the results on the wiki.
5) Discuss & consense on the results.

We can start doing the information gathering right now. If someone has
a relationship with a particular bank, then that person would be a
good one to contact that bank.

David Molnar